Sunday, January 20, 2008

No baby anymore...

Have you ever gone to bed and woke up the next morning to see that the baby you have raised is all of a sudden a big boy/girl over night? It happened to me yesturday. Blaine turned 5 on Thursday but as I was looking at him last night, the baby i once saw was no longer there. There was this little boy standing in front of me and for a second I was sad. But I am sure this next stage in his life will be just as exciting as the last 5 years has been.Thursday was a fun day for Blaine but an absolute shocker for me. We had to wait over 1.5 hours for our meals for lunch, we went bowling and my camera was stollen, lit my brand new BBQ to burn in and I definetely did that. Flames from the gas connection.... Smashed my sunglasses while putting out the fire and Blaine's puppy he got for his birthday was fitting and vomitting all night (we think she ate a bee). I obviously did something wrong cos that was Kama biting me on the arse... I'm sure.
Saturday was Blaine's party. We went to Timezone and the played laserquest and the machines for a few hours. From there we went to Hungry Jacks for lunch. Was a great day, long day but heaps of fun.


Today was housework and gardening day and man i hate gardening. I am ellergic to most weeds but there must be 1 there that is worse than others because for hours later I had a burning sensation along my arm and my hands felf like they were raw. I should invest in some gloves and wear a shirt next time.
Well I am on holidays for the next 2 weeks. I still have to work Fridays but I can deal with that. I am planning to go phillip island to see the penguins, werribee open range zoo, custom car show (blaine loves cars), movies, Frankston foreshore to see the sand sculpting and hopefully to Noogee waterfalls. That will definetely fill up the next 2 weeks and Blaine has his 1st day of school the following Thursday..... Everything is organised, just need to iron on the name labels and thats that.
Until next time.... take care......xxxx

2 comments:

Lali said...

I can so totally relate to the baby growing over night, I look at Stella and think she is such a little lady already nearly as tall as me (but they ain't hard LOL). That is a gorgeous photo of Blaine and so glad he had a great time.

Hetty Hall said...

What a gorgeous photo of Blaine Lorrie, he is a very handsome young man, you are a lucky girl.
{{HUGS}}
x0x0
Hetty