Sunday, January 27, 2008

week 1 holidays

Well it has definitely been a busy week. Monday was a quiet day at home and we both needed it especially after such a big week before. Tuesday we went to Weribee Open Range Zoo. Sadly my car broke down just as we arrived so a big stressful day with a migraine didn't help. I had never been to that zoo before and i loved it. They take you on this safari bus around to see the animals and i was so surprised how close we got to them. Here are a few that I took. I love the rhino pic....











My Car ended up being towed to my Nan's where it was left for the night. A couple of trains and a bus and a long trip and we finally made it to Mum's where we walked to work and picked up another car to get home. We slept so well that night i tell you. My uncle went and had a look at my car and apparently it took him 3 minutes to fix. I always have my car serviced but lets just say i will be going else where now to have it done. Apparently a spark plug had fallen out and 1 was just about out. All that and the cost of a tow for a bloody spark plug. Thank god it was only that. Wednesday was another long trip to the other side of the city to pick up my car. We made it a family trip and took mum with us. Wednesday night found us at Fleur's for a BBQ (thanks Fleur) and a couple of games of bowling. Blaine got his 1st strike..... He was so blown away and excited and kept calling himself the dude..... Here's a couple of pics.....











Thursday we went to Pakenham Inn for lunch with Kelly. It was so good to catch up. I even scored a yummy meringue dessert for free. Great food, great atmosphere and the best company. I had a really great day. Then we went shopping for Blaine to spend his 'cash' from his birthday and as you would guess, plenty more matchbox cars, a race track and DVD's. Friday was back at work for the day and Friday night went to the drive in to see walk hard. Don't bother, it was crap. DVD movie only.... a few laughs but expected so much more. I have done nothing all weekend apart from a layout I just finished. I plan to scrap a couple more tonight and cook the boy and I a BBQ.




Check out the website as i have just launched a new comp which you could win $300 worth of scrap book products.
Until next time...... xxxx





7 comments:

Hetty Hall said...

Good to see you are enjoying your holidays Lorrie. I love that photo of you and Blaine.
Speak soon
x0x0
Hetty

Lali said...

That is a gorgeous photo of you and Blaine and I too love the hippo one can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hope you luck picks up sweetie.

xxxxx

fleurie said...

lovin the pics lorrie

the ones from the bowling are great (I noticed you didnt use any of the ones i took...giggle...its ok! i know they were shite!)

Love Scrappin' said...

Love your holiday photos Lorrie that zoo looks fantastic...thanks for sharing lo look great as well.

Anthea said...

great photos Lorrie!!! and I am loving your LOs!

Anonymous said...

You've gotten some great pix there Lorrie - bugger about the car breaking down, but sounds like the zoo was a blast. Have never been before but have always heard great things about it - will have to check it out next time we're back south.

Hope you have a great week chicky!!

Julie xx

fleurie said...

UPDATE...please!